Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Ankur Goyal <as...@umail.iu.edu> on 2011/08/30 15:33:31 UTC

Widgets are not rendered after adding

Was testing to add some widgets and see if they are being rendered on to the
profile page of user.

There are two problems:-

1. If the widget is added successfully and approved by admin (done manually)

it gives an error: "Unable to render OpenSocial Gadget: At least 1
ModulePrefs is required."

examples:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/portal/gadgets/cyberaidejsportal.xml
http://127.0.0.1:8080/portal/gadgets/canvas-nav.xml
http://127.0.0.1:8080/portal/gadgets/callback-test.xml

2. while adding a widget, for some widgets which have full description,
screenshot and thumbnail, when filled all the information for such a widget,
it throws back an error page "unknown database error". But if the same
widget is added without any description, screenshot and thumbnail, it gets
added successfully but gives the same problem as above (widget not
rendered).
(may be some problem related to image files not being saved?)

example:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/portal/gadgets/twitter.xml
http://127.0.0.1:8080/portal/gadgets/allemail.xml

Regards,
Ankur Goyal

Re: Widgets are not rendered after adding

Posted by Marlon Pierce <mp...@cs.indiana.edu>.

canvas-nav.xml and allemail.xml attached (unless filtered out). I just checked these in iGoogle.

Marlon

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.
I also created RAVE-225 for the DB exception. I forgot to check the field
length of description in the validator (or we should change the type to some
longtext or blob).

Jasha

Posted by Marlon Pierce <mp...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Posted by Ankur Goyal <as...@umail.iu.edu>.