Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/30 05:33:57 UTC

Re: Two ignite instance without linking

Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that community can receive
email notifications. Just follow the simple instruction here:

rexer wrote
> I want to start two or more ignite servers, but i don't want that there
> would automatically discover each other. I want to start different
> instances on one machine.

This is possible, you can have two or more isolated clusters in one network
or even on one physical box. This is achieved with a proper discovery
configuration. Please refer to one of the previous discussions for various
solutions [1].

[1]
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/How-keep-separate-different-grid-instances-on-the-same-network-td1609.html

-Val

Re: Two ignite instance without linking

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
rexer wrote
> Yes, I understand it.
> My question is about - what multicast addresses i can use?
> Which pool of addresses i can use?
> For example, for 4 different clusters.

Multicast IP range is 224.0.0.0 through 239.255.255.255 (some of them
already assigned) [1] and Ignite doesn't introduce any additional
limitations here. You should use unassigned addresses that are not used in
your network for any other purposes. Each cluster should use the unique
address.

[1]
http://www.iana.org/assignments/multicast-addresses/multicast-addresses.xhtml

-Val

Re: Two ignite instance without linking

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your concern. You should assign a separate
multicast group for each Ignite cluster  and make sure that none of these
groups are used by other applications. This will isolate different services
from each other.

Makes sense?

-Val

Re: Two ignite instance without linking

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
You can use any multicast address that is available for you. Ignite doesn't
have any limitations.

--
Denis

Re: Two ignite instance without linking

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

This is just an address of a specific multicast group. Every node that is a
part of this multicast group will be able to see each other and won't be
able to see the nodes that have different multicast group being set in their
TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder configuration.

Regards,
Denis