Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Vladimir Nišević <vn...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/26 13:44:03 UTC

Upgrade to 12.0.1 - Apache Isis Maven plugin "validate goal" needs dom or app module? Validation when Isis Addon is used?

Hi, after upgrading to 12.0.1 and  when "mvn clean install"  i get exception

*[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.isis.tool:isis-maven-plugin:1.12.1:validate (default) on project
my-dom: Execution default of goal
org.apache.isis.tool:isis-maven-plugin:1.12.1:validate failed: The class
'my.app.MyAppManifest' cannot be found -> [Help 1]*

I use same skeleton as simpleapp:

* my.app.MyAppManifest is part of app module "my-app"
* validate profile is defined in pom.xml of dom module "my-dom"

Looking the documentation  "validate goal"
https://isis.apache.org/guides/rgmvn.html#3.-validate-goal and comparing it
with the generated simpleapp 12.0.1 it's not clear where the validate
profile should be? In the dom or in the app module?

When I move the validate profile to pom.xml of app module and restart  "mvn
clean install" on parent, validation seems to run but I get another error.

*[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.isis.tool:isis-maven-plugin:1.12.1:validate (default) on project
my-app: Execution default of goal
org.apache.isis.tool:isis-maven-plugin:1.12.1:validate failed:
org.apache.isis.core.metamodel.exceptions.MetaModelException:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.exceptions.MissingTableException: Required
table missing : "ISISSETTINGS.APPLICATIONSETTING" in Catalog "" Schema
"ISISSETTINGS". DataNucleus requires this table to perform its persistence
operations. Either your MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable
"datanucleus.schema.autoCreateTables" -> [Help 1]*

I do use Isis Adon Setting and configure it in AppManifest in
getModules()-method.

Re: Upgrade to 12.0.1 - Apache Isis Maven plugin "validate goal" needs dom or app module? Validation when Isis Addon is used?

Posted by Vladimir Nišević <vn...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that helped! Thanks Dan!

Vladimir

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.