Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alessandro Marini <al...@libero.it> on 2006/12/04 09:29:51 UTC

[AXIS2]: How to enable 2D Array Encoding ?

Hi!

I need to make a service that send and receive 2D Array parameters type (for example String[][] or byte[][]).

I Know that it's possible on axis1 setting the following tag on globalConfiguration:

<parameter name="enable2DArrayEncoding" value="true"/>

There's no parameter of similar type on axis2.xml (global configurator)...
Is there any configuration setting to allow the same on axis2?

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro

Re: [AXIS2]: How to enable 2D Array Encoding ?

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 09:29 +0100, Alessandro Marini wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to make a service that send and receive 2D Array parameters type (for example String[][] or byte[][]).
>
> I Know that it's possible on axis1 setting the following tag on globalConfiguration:
>
> <parameter name="enable2DArrayEncoding" value="true"/>
>
> There's no parameter of similar type on axis2.xml (global configurator)...
> Is there any configuration setting to allow the same on axis2?

What you're referring to is SOAP Encoding arrays (from SOAP 1.1). We do
not support this yet in Axis2 and, at least from my perspective, its low
priority because its a deprecated usage of SOAP (per WS-I Basic Profile
and also SOAP 1.2).

The better way is to use XML Schema to define the shape of the data you
want to send.

Is that not an option?

We of course welcome a patch on adding support for SOAP Encoding style
arrays!

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: [AXIS2]: How to enable 2D Array Encoding ?

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Alessandro ;

We do not have that feature in Axis2 , but we can have that in future
release, so pls create a JIRA issue.

Thanks
Deepal

>Hi!
>
>I need to make a service that send and receive 2D Array parameters type (for example String[][] or byte[][]).
>
>I Know that it's possible on axis1 setting the following tag on globalConfiguration:
>
><parameter name="enable2DArrayEncoding" value="true"/>
>
>There's no parameter of similar type on axis2.xml (global configurator)...
>Is there any configuration setting to allow the same on axis2?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Alessandro

Deepal