Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2012/06/11 17:08:02 UTC

Announcing ongoing releases

Hi all,
we have just successfully voted new releases of 6 different subprojects,
and I'd like to launch soon 4 more releases so that, when successful,
all subprojects [1] will have a stable release we can reference from C3
parent POM [2]: this would allow, in the medium run, to discuss whether
to make some C3 milestone releases, as already outlined in some past
mail thread.

Now my question is: do you think that we should publicly announce such
subprojects releases? I would say "no", at least not individually, since
the functionality of some of them is not so easy to understand.
Maybe a single announcement for all subprojects - only at the end of
this release process - could be better.

WDYT?

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/subprojects/
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/parent/pom.xml

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

RE: Announcing ongoing releases

Posted by Robby Pelssers <Ro...@nxp.com>.
Hi Francesco,

I agree that new releases of subprojects are not that interesting to most users. So your proposal sounds good to me.

Robby