Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org> on 2015/12/19 00:00:29 UTC

1.5.0 release?

Hi,

Do you have a plan to cut 1.5.0 release any time soon?
Many of Apache Commons need a new 1.5.0 instance in Apache CI
environment after switching to git. Please see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-10366 for detail.

Thanks in advance,

Woonsan

Re: 1.5.0 release?

Posted by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com>.
Brent:

I would suggest moving the source build up to at least Java 7 - and yes, I
would prefer Java 8 at this point.  9 will be out in less than a year.  I
would also suggest pushing the maven up to 3.3.9, although that is a
massive job with the number of POM files involved due to the size and
complexity of Continuum.

I don't know the current status of REDBACK or what version it is on - but
upgrading/updating the security would also be a good thing.

We're gonna need more help here... This could be a huge effort.

Dr. Louis Smith, ThD
Chief Technology Officer, Kyra Solutions, Inc.

Re: 1.5.0 release?

Posted by Brent Atkinson <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.5.0 release?

Posted by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.5.0 release?

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
Thank you very much!
I see no more open issue right now for 1.5. :-)
I understand that it would be difficult to cut a release this holiday
season. Anyway, I hope to see 1.5.0 release soon maybe in January!

Cheers,

Woonsan

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Brent Atkinson

Re: 1.5.0 release?

Posted by Brent Atkinson <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Woonsan,