Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by tom_s <to...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/27 18:53:17 UTC

open searchers memory leaks

hey ,
i have a memory leak in my solr cluster. sometimes searchers aren't closed
after commit, and they slowly consume all the jvm of my solr instances.
this is similar to a problem to i found  here
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/4820-searchers-opened-td3230087.html>  .
but in my plugins i only use the SolrQueryRequest.getSearcher(), so there is
no obvious reason why the leak will happen.
i use solr 6.5.1 .
1) is there an open bug for solr 6.5.1 that might explain this?
2) are there other stuff i might be doing wrong in my code that may cause
leak?
3) do you have any tips how can i debug it?
thanks in advance,
tom