Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by ja...@peoplesoft.com on 2001/05/01 23:24:07 UTC

all new to this..

I've been using your JAVA version of XALAN for quite some time now. I'm
hooked on this stuff, it's the best I've seen! But I have to make a port
over to the C++ side for a project. I recently installed Visual C++, and
have been out of C++ for a few years now. I was wondering what I needed to
do to my Environment to get Xalan up and running so I can start doing some
testing. Do you have an information on how to setup the Microsoft Visual
C++ environment? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Jason

Re: all new to this..

Posted by Wei Cheng <We...@baylor.edu>.
Hi jason,

Tuesday, May 01, 2001, 4:24:07 PM, you wrote:

jpc> I've been using your JAVA version of XALAN for quite some time now. I'm
jpc> hooked on this stuff, it's the best I've seen! But I have to make a port
jpc> over to the C++ side for a project. I recently installed Visual C++, and
jpc> have been out of C++ for a few years now. I was wondering what I needed to
jpc> do to my Environment to get Xalan up and running so I can start doing some
jpc> testing. Do you have an information on how to setup the Microsoft Visual
jpc> C++ environment? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

jpc> -Jason

 Oh, I think there're XALAN C++ version to be avaiable in apache.org
 ,too. you can try to find it and set up environment.

Best regards,
 Wei                            mailto:Wei_Cheng@baylor.edu

Re: all new to this..

Posted by Christian Aberger <xm...@aberger.at>.
Jason,

Download the source, unpack it and open Xalan.dsw in Visual Studio and
compile it. Make sure that either the .\Build\...\Debug (for the Debug
compile) or the .\Build\Release directory is in your path (for Release). It
is a pity that the Xalan build does not add a "D" to the binaries it builds,
then you could have had both of them in your PATH. In your own code make
sure that you use the dynamic msvctrt? runtime dlls, not the static ones.

wfr ChrisA