Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de> on 2002/06/17 02:01:51 UTC

RE: [DBCP] : DelegatingConnection/PoolableConnection Bug ?

> Returning a new Connection object in response to each
> getConnection call is
> possible, but would take some refactoring.

Rodney,

I still think it should have been done from the start like that.
This was the most important reason (although not the single one)
why I ended up implementing my own stuff.(*)

BTW, I still don't understand why pooling PreparedStatements is
such a popular feature. In which situations do you use it?

Regards,
Paulo Gaspar

(*) In case someone asks why I never posted it:
It works, it has lots of features, but it is a mess and cleaning
its code is a very low priority for me at the moment.

Besides, John McNally seems to be improving this stuff in the
direction I like.