Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Ke...@vectorsgi.com on 2004/06/18 21:56:44 UTC

Problem with filtering TIMESTAMP in Chainsaw

Hi,

I just started using Chainsaw and it looks really cool.

However, I could not filter TIMESTAMP field. For example, when I right-click
on TIMESTAMP field and select: Set "Refine Focus' Field, it returns nothing.
Same thing happens if I use regular expression. Here is example of my
timestamp value: 2004-06-18 14:36:13,270.

Here is regular expression I'm using: TIMESTAMP LIKE .*2004-06-18.*.

Actually, I noticed that TIMESTAMP filter only works with millisecond part
of the timestamp (in my case: 270).

Is this possible, or am I missing something here?

Thanks for any help,

Kenan

VECTORsgi - leading provider of check image exchange software.
VECTORsgi's Consulting Services - image exchange strategy development and
deployment.
Image Exchange - VECTORsgi Gets You There!

Learn about VECTORsgi by using http://www.VECTORsgi.com