Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Knoblauch <kn...@knobisoft.de> on 2023/07/03 08:47:08 UTC

Re: [mod_jk] Is it possible to set the value of a specific attribute via HTTP?

On 6/29/23 17:06, Rainer Jung wrote:

> > Since I try to push people into mod_proxy, I am hesitant to implement
> > more and more features which keep people from switching ;)

Hi Rainer,

 so, what do you suggest for the mod_jk retirement?
mod_proxy+mod_proxy_ajp, or just proxy to the HTTPS port? Is there an
equivalent to jkmanager with mod_proxy?

Thanks
Martin
Martin Knoblauch
email: k n o b i AT knobisoft DOT de
www: http://www.knobisoft.de

Re: [mod_jk] Is it possible to set the value of a specific attribute via HTTP?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Martin,

On 7/3/23 04:47, Martin Knoblauch wrote:
> On 6/29/23 17:06, Rainer Jung wrote:
>>
>>> Since I try to push people into mod_proxy, I am hesitant to implement
>>> more and more features which keep people from switching ;)
>>

> Hi Rainer,
>
>   so, what do you suggest for the mod_jk retirement?
> mod_proxy+mod_proxy_ajp, or just proxy to the HTTPS port?

You should consider whether you actually need a "real" reverse-proxy or
if you can get away with "simple" load-balancing from a network balancer
)i.e. one that doesn't know anything about HTTP).

If you still need one, I would recommend migrating from AJP -> HTTP(S).
I have a whole talk about it:
https://tomcat.apache.org/presentations.html#latest-migrate-ajp-http

> Is there an
> equivalent to jkmanager with mod_proxy?