Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by ruslan usifov <ru...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/26 14:17:06 UTC

Disable Nagle algoritm in thrift i.e. TCP_NODELAY

Hello

Is it possible set TCP_NODELAY on thrift socket in cassandra?

Re: Disable Nagle algoritm in thrift i.e. TCP_NODELAY

Posted by Jeremiah Jordan <je...@morningstar.com>.
Should already be on for all of the server side stuff.  All of the
clients that I have used set it as well.

-Jeremiah

Posted by ruslan usifov <ru...@gmail.com>.
27 января 2012 г. 2:44 пользователь sridhar basam <sr...@basam.org> написал:

> Which socket API?
>
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.socket-set-option.php
>
> Is possible to do the appropriate setsockopt call to disable NAGLE.

No you are wrong php thrift implementation doesn't use sock extension it
uses php streams(http://ru.php.net/manual/en/book.stream.php) aka fsockopen
stream_socket_recvfrom etc, but php sreams doesn't allow set any sock

Posted by sridhar basam <sr...@basam.org>.
Which socket API?

Posted by ruslan usifov <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by sridhar basam <sr...@basam.org>.

Posted by Jeffrey Kesselman <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ruslan usifov <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeffrey Kesselman <je...@gmail.com>.
"
  To set or get a TCP socket option, call
*getsockopt<http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl2_getsockopt.htm>
*(2) to read or
*setsockopt<http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl2_setsockopt.htm>
*(2) to write the option with the option level argument set to *SOL_TCP.* In
addition, most *SOL_IP *socket options are valid on TCP sockets. For more
information see *ip <http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl7_ip.htm>*(7).
*TCP_NODELAY* If set, disable the Nagle algorithm. This means that segments
are always sent as soon as possible, even if there is only a small amount
of data. When not set, data is buffered until there is a sufficient amount
to send out, thereby avoiding the frequent sending of small packets, which

Posted by ruslan usifov <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeffrey Kesselman <je...@gmail.com>.