Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Hughes <ah...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/15 02:40:21 UTC

OutputDirectory Paths in the Assembly Plugin

Hi All - Any help I can get with zip assembly would be much appreciated :)

I'm trying to zip up everything in the ./src/main/config directory for a distro.

I'm happy that when the zip is unpacked it unpacks the contents under..

./artifactId-version/*

However, it maintains the relative ./src/main/config path, so my
content is acutally unpacked in...

./artifactId-version/src/main/config/*

What I would like... if this is a clear enough example is....

These get packed in the zip...
./src/main/config/README.txt
./src/main/config/images/logo.png

This gets unpacked from the zip as...

./artifactId-version/README.txt
./artifactId-version/images/logo.png

My assembly.xml is as follows, and I'm clearly missing something:
----------
<assembly>
	<id>geoserver-data</id>
	<formats>
		<format>zip</format>
	</formats>
	<fileSets>
		<fileSet>
			<directory>src/main/config</directory>
			<useDefaultExcludes>true</useDefaultExcludes>
		</fileSet>
	</fileSets>
	<outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
</assembly>

Re: OutputDirectory Paths in the Assembly Plugin

Posted by Andrew Hughes <ah...@gmail.com>.
outputDirectory is actually part of the fileset.... :) my bad.