Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Phu-Thien Tran <ph...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/19 23:49:27 UTC

Is it possible to deploy NiFi to an existing app server like WildFly?

We have a requirement to run NiFi in an approved app server. Is it
possible to do that? If not, is there a plan to support that? Thanks.

Re: Is it possible to deploy NiFi to an existing app server like WildFly?

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the question and your interest in Apache NiFi!

Currently, NiFi runs an embedded web server. There are a number of reasons for this but most importantly is ease of deployment. By embedding the web server we can expose the relevant settings and ensure proper bootstrapping for our extension points. NiFi offers a rich extension model (most notably Processors) and ensures class path isolation that would be more difficult without controlling the web server. Additionally, NiFi is comprised of a number of web applications as we offer a number of UI extension points which are automatically discovered and deployed to our embedded web server. There is no current plans to support deploying NiFi to an external web server.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone