Posted to dev@s2graph.apache.org by Hyunsung Jo <hy...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/16 11:45:15 UTC

Deprecate S2Graph Vagrant?

Hi All,
There were some inquiries regarding using S2Graph with Vagrant at the
Apache event in Sevilla.
The current image and documents on S2Graph Vagrant is outdated.
Should we keep supporting S2Graph + Vagrant environment?
Given that there is a release out and Docker is also supported, I think it
might be okay to deprecate it.
Any thoughts?

Regards,
Jo

Re: Deprecate S2Graph Vagrant?

Posted by DO YUNG YOON <sh...@gmail.com>.
I agree to deprecate Vagrant since it is outdated, but before to deprecate
it, I suggest us to change our guide to use Docker(I tried out both of
Vagrant and Docker, then personally prefer docker).
What we will provide as docker image or docker file should be discussed and
documented in detail after this discussion so interested people can try out
S2Graph more easily.

So in general, +1 on deprecating Vagrant environment.

Posted by daewon <da...@apache.org>.