Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/11 14:29:57 UTC

elements here and there

When I try to build master in my usual config with a Nexus mirror, I
fail to find some Spring artifacts.

Usually, this is because there's a <repository> element for some
repository I have to exempt from my mirror. The question is, why are
there these elements in several poms, and not just in the parent?

Re: elements here and there

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> On Dec 11, 2015, at 8:29 AM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I try to build master in my usual config with a Nexus mirror, I
> fail to find some Spring artifacts.
>
> Usually, this is because there's a <repository> element for some
> repository I have to exempt from my mirror. The question is, why are
> there these elements in several poms, and not just in the parent?

Builds are significantly faster if the repositories are only defined in the modules that actually need them.  Maven would only go to that repository for artifacts when building that module, not every module.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: elements here and there

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I excluded these from the dependencies so this shouldn’t be an issue now.

Thanks!
Dan

Re: elements here and there

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.