Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by john netzel <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/05 18:12:12 UTC

derby's CREATE SEQUENCE statement

>From what I see, the sequence statements count every time
a prepared statement that has squence impeded in it, is built.  It would be
nice if this was in the Derby Reference Manual.

Re: derby's CREATE SEQUENCE statement

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
john netzel <jo...@gmail.com> writes:

> From what I see, the sequence statements count every time
> a prepared statement that has squence impeded in it, is built.  It
> would be nice if this was in the Derby Reference Manual.

Hi John,

I don't think the sequences are intended to be incremented each time a
statement is prepared, so you may have come across a bug. It would be
great if you could file a bug at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY and post the steps needed to
reproduce the behaviour you're seeing.

For the record, I ran a simple test in my environment by executing
"create sequence s" and then compiling the statement "values next value
for s" repeatedly without seeing that the value of the sequence changed.

Knut Anders