Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Masood Mortazavi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/18 22:50:36 UTC

Building Cassandra from Behind a Proxy

How does one build Cassandra from behind a proxy?

I just downloaded Cassandra source code and tried to build it locally -- all
from behind a firewall.

Download ("svn checkout") succeeded with a proper configuration of [global]
proxy settings in the "servers" file in .subversion directory.

However, the build -- again from behind the proxy -- fails when it tries to
download ivy-2.1.0.jar.

It is not clear from this fragment of build.xml:

    <target name="ivy-download" unless="ivy.jar.exists">
      <echo>Downloading Ivy...</echo>
      <mkdir dir="${build.dir}" />
      <get src="${ivy.url}/${ivy.version}/ivy-${ivy.version}.jar"
           dest="${build.dir}/ivy-${ivy.version}.jar" usetimestamp="true" />
    </target>

whether a http proxy server / port number / username / password can be set
in the build script configuration, some place, for the purpose\ of usage
when attempting the download target. (I cannot imagine such a facility not
be available.)

If there's no such configuration, I'm assuming I can download the
ivy-2.1.0jar "by hand" and put it in the build director, and set
"ivy.jar.exists" to true.

Thanks,
- m.

Re: Building Cassandra from Behind a Proxy

Posted by Masood Mortazavi <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes, setting ANT_OPTS to proper proxy values works.
Thanks,
m.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Can you add this to http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/HowToContribute ?

(that page looks like it could use a little refactoring)

Posted by Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com>.
I found this: