Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Roshan A. Punnoose" <rp...@proteus-technologies.com> on 2007/11/06 21:08:19 UTC

Return direct XML

Hi,

What is the easiest way to return XML directly? For example, in my
function, if I create XML, I want to be able to send that object
directly back to the calling client. Is this possible?

Roshan

Re: Return direct XML

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
XML is not a Java Type before Java7, it'll be at that time.

Not sure what you really mean, do you mean a DOM or something else

James

Re: Return direct XML

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
I was about to say just return the XML in an xsd:string, it should work
fine.  But that raises an interesting question:  when are the <'s
escaped so they don't interfere with the rest of the SOAP Message (which
is in XML itself?)  I'm guessing they're escaped automatically by the
web services stack.

At any rate, have you thought of just using an xsd:string?

Glen

RE: Return direct XML

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
Oh, I see. If you are getting Class objects from xjc, Aegis can't do
that.

XJC.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/systests/src/test/j

Re: Return direct XML

Posted by Willem Jiang <ni...@iona.com>.
Yep, I think the initial thought  just wanted  it works only by setting
the JAXB Context with the WSDL dynamically,
it may skip the part of JAXB DataBinding.
Maybe we can get it workable by refactoring the DynamicClientFactory to

RE: Return direct XML

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.

Re: Return direct XML

Posted by Willem Jiang <ni...@iona.com>.
Hi,

You can try it.  I am also looking forward that the DynamicClientFactory
can work with Aegis Binding.
And the patch of it is welcome :)

Willem.

RE: Return direct XML

RE: Return direct XML

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.

RE: Return direct XML

Posted by "Roshan A. Punnoose" <rp...@proteus-technologies.com>.
Cool I'll look into this and the Aegis bindings.

Roshan

In your case, looks like the easiest way is to use JAX-WS Provider API with XML Binding. You will find a bunch of different type of Provider implementations under system test: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/systests/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/provider/. Of course the limitation is that the input of your function has to be in XML format as well (can be Source/SOAPMessage/DataSource, depend on your mode and binding), in some cases you may find its hard to parse input from XML by yourself.

Cheers,
Jervis

Registered Number: 171387

RE: Return direct XML

Posted by "Liu, Jervis" <jl...@iona.com>.
In your case, looks like the easiest way is to use JAX-WS Provider API with XML Binding. You will find a bunch of different type of Provider implementations under system test: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/systests/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/provider/. Of course the limitation is that the input of your function has to be in XML format as well (can be Source/SOAPMessage/DataSource, depend on your mode and binding), in some cases you may find its hard to parse input from XML by yourself.

Cheers,
Jervis

Registered Number: 171387