Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anand Prasad <ap...@calient.net> on 2000/11/19 00:07:30 UTC

Setting up Basic HTTP Security in tomcat jakarta

Hi All,

I would like to set up HTTP security using Tomcat.

Basically, I would like my files to accessed only if the user has access.

1. Could you let me know what I need to change.

I have set in server.xml file my context path to be
my context path=""   the docbase=/a/b/HTML
my context path ="/test"       docbase = /a/b/HTML

I need to protect anything under HTML.

when the user enters the username and password,  I have already written a
jsp file  which I would like to use it.  So in other, I need to know, on ok
click button,  I need to call a JSP file.

Could you please provide me the syntax.

your response will be very appreciated.

Thanks
--Anand