Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lukas Kahwe Smith <ml...@pooteeweet.org> on 2010/02/10 16:41:45 UTC

delete via DIH

Hi,

There is a solution to update via DIH, but is there also a way to define a query that fetches id's for documents that should be removed?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org

Re: delete via DIH

Posted by Lukas Kahwe Smith <ml...@pooteeweet.org>.
On 10.02.2010, at 16:41, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

> There is a solution to update via DIH, but is there also a way to define a query that fetches id's for documents that should be removed?

Or to phrase the question a bit more open. I have a file with id's of documents to delete (one per line). Actually some of the id's need to get a constant offset added to them. My plan was to load them into the DB, because thats is what I do with the rest of the data (which I need to "massage" a bit before sending it to Solr). I could also do the offset computing in the middleware and dump out a CSV file or whatever. Should I rather load the list of id's into my middleware and then issue single or bulk lists of documents to delete? In case the list of items to delete is really long, should I chunk the lists in the middleware an issues several seperate delete commands?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org