Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Steven Coco <co...@StevenCoco.com> on 2007/06/04 18:27:30 UTC

How To Get 5.0.5

Hi.

I'm a noob and I like T5 a lot!

I've been doing "desktop" Java development since V1 and I have had great
pains looking into Web frameworks; but when T5 came along by me I jumped
in right away. This is a real great way to develop Web apps.

So I'm very interested in all this doctype and entity business. I really
want to serve HTML 4 strict if possible, and guess what, this project
has the &trade; entity needed all over the place! Anyway, I can't find
out how to get 5.0.5 or any snpshot for that matter. It appears that the
Apache Maven snapshot repo doesn't in fact contain any snapshots. If I
declare 5.0.4-SNAPSHOT or 5.0.5-SNAPSHOT in my POM I get "artifact not
found".

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Do I actually have to just
build it?

Thanks in advance.

Ciao.
Steven Coco.

Re: How To Get 5.0.5

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
That's cool; I haven't switched to Maven 2.0.6, since there's an issue
building tapestry-test.

On 6/4/07, Steven Coco <co...@stevencoco.com> wrote:
> Fixed it.
>
> All I had to do was run the Maven archtype and copy the repository and plugin
> repository elements: my POM was missing some of those I thought would be
> obscure; but apparently more than one is needed even for a simple project.
>
> So I'm all set: and I'm happily running Maven 2.0.6 and Tap 5.0.5-SNAPHOT.
>
> (Aside: dig this late Maven POM element:
>     <prerequisites>
>         <maven>2.0.6</maven>
>     </prerequisites>
> I like.)
>
> Wheee.
>
> Ciao.
> Steven Coco.
>

> On Monday June 4 2007 1:59:35 pm Davor Hrg wrote:
> > I found it easier to download trunk and build it,
> > I also disabled tests while mvn install to make it faster.
> >
> > On 6/4/07, Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Search the list for a thread called Shipwreck downloading 5.0.5.
> > > Towards the end there are helpful comments.  You may have to tweak the
> > > version you want and/or the repository locations.
> > >
> > > Daniel

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry