Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tony Graham <To...@MenteithConsulting.com> on 2009/02/11 14:39:46 UTC

XSL 2.0 Requirements [Was: table cell duplication]

On Tue, Feb 03 2009 08:21:39 +0000, georg.datterl@geneon.de wrote:
> What I want is:
>
> AAA EEE
> BBB EEE
> CCC EEE
>     EEE
> ---break---
> TH1 TH2
> CCC EEE
>     EEE
> DDD EEE
>
> Basically, the complete block C should be repeated on the next page,
> if the table breaks. As far as I was able to see, this is not
> supported by the specification, so I assume, I have to write my own
> extension. I'd be grateful for any ideas how to solve that in a
> supported way or any comments on where and how to implement the
> extension.

Repeating contents of a split spanned cell is in the current XSL 2.0
requirements draft [1].

It is not a short-term solution, unfortunately, and there is a lot of
work to be done before XSL 2.0 is cooked.  The W3C XSL FO subgroup is
seeking more participants so that, with more people working on it, it
can be done sooner.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslfo20-req/#N66269