Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lars Nielsen Lind <mo...@worldonline.dk> on 2001/09/10 03:02:14 UTC

Tomcat 4 and Apache Web Server

Today I'm using the Jakarta-Tomcat 3.2.3 with Apache 1.3.20 (mod_jk). I know that I could use the Jakarta-Tomcat as Stand-A-Lone server  - but because of the advantages of using Apache due to its configuration options - I'm using it with Apache.

Question: Will it be possible to use the Jakarta-Tomcat 4.0 without Apache but with the same configuration options as mentioned above when using jakarta-tomcat with Apache?

/Lars Nielsen Lind

Re: Tomcat 4 and Apache Web Server

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Lars Nielsen Lind" <mo...@worldonline.dk> wrote:

> VirtualHosts + SSL.

Both those are supported also by Tomcat 4.0 standalone...

> But it is also done because Apache apparently supports the execution of static
> html files better than jakarta-tomcat.

This will be automatically done for you with mod_webapp .NEXT (coming up
with 4.0RC1)...

    Pier

Re: Tomcat 4 and Apache Web Server

Posted by Lars Nielsen Lind <mo...@worldonline.dk>.