Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/05/01 01:41:08 UTC

PR#502: timeout problems

Looks like something wrong in Roy's latest round of timeout changes.  If I
get a chance I'll go through them line by line looking for irix specific
problems.  Ugh.

Mark, another snapshot after you tweaked your config would be great.
Thanks.

Dean

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 07:19:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Mark A. Bentley" <be...@cs.umn.edu>
To: Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>
Cc: new-httpd@apache.org
Subject: Re: Keep-Alive Debugged

After fiddling with my server configuration, I think I've found an answer
to the "lingering Keep-Alive" problem.  I had configured Keep-Alives
outside of all Virtual Hosts, assuming that these directives would apply
to all Virtual Hosts.  As a test, I turned off Keep-Alives in the
so-called "global" section, and placed those three directives in one
specific Virtual Host.  After watching the server for about a half hour
it seems to behaving normally.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but thought I'd let you know...

Thanks,

   Mark.