Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by fr...@centrum.cz on 2007/01/16 23:18:01 UTC

Re: SocketTimeOutException

What kind of web service method invocation do you use? Void or with some returning type? I experienced this problem only with void (so client was waiting for some background confirmation and timeout expired), in that case I guess there is no really working solution. Try adding parameter SO_TIMEOUT into the axis2.xml (but it won´t help). You can take a look at my (I guess two days old) post called "Any real solution to Socket Timeout" or something like this. You can also try to use calling with returning object (I used String which indicates success...) than you can just throw this object away.. I hope it helps. But I am sure that uninstallation of internet security tools is NOT a good solution :)