Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mirror-Service <mi...@netcologne.de> on 2009/03/05 09:10:56 UTC

Maven2 mirror @ netcologne

Hello Maven Dev-Team,

we would love to setup a mirror of the maven2 repository in Germany.
As there are currently no mirrors in Germany at all, and only two danish
mirrors in europe.

The NetCologne GmbH is a local ISP in the greater Cologne area. Our
machine "mirror.netcologne.de" currently runs on this hardware:

2x 3Ghz Intel Xeon CPU
2 GB RAM (to be upgraded to 4GB)
3 TB of mirror storage total

The machine currently already mirrors a few linux distros (mainly
debian) and other free software projects.

Regarding internet connectivity, the machine itself has 2 Gigabit/s
uplink. Our backbone is then connected to all major peering points in
europe (DECIX, AMSIX, LINX) with 20 Gbit/s each. We are also peering in
the US (2x EQUINIX) and maintain quite a few private peering with other
ISPs including Deutsche Telekom (DTAG) and the DFN (Deutsches
Forschungsnetz, the German university network).

IPv6 connectivity is coming very soon, so mark that as checked.

We configured the rsync to sync with: "mirrors.ibiblio.org::maven2"
every two hours in the 42nd minute. Please let me know if that's ok, or
if we need to adjust that. The repo is already available on
[rsync|ftp|http]://mirror.netcologne.de/maven2

If you need to contact me, just mail to crohmann@netcologne.de, as
"official" contact for the mirror use "mirror-service@netcologne.de".

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Christian Rohmann

Network Engineering and Design

Tel.:  +49 221 2222-5751
Fax.: +49 221 2222-75751

NetCologne Gesellschaft für Telekommunikation mbH
Am Coloneum 9
50829 Köln

Geschäftsführer: Werner Hanf, Karl- Heinz Zankel, Dipl. Ing.
HRB 25580, AG Köln
www.netcologne.de

RE: Maven2 mirror @ netcologne