Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2019/05/28 08:48:28 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Jena 3.12.0 RC 1 (GeoSPARQL)

Hi,

Here is a vote on a release of Apache Jena 3.12.0.
This is the first proposed release candidate.

The deadline for the vote is Friday, 31th May, 2019 at 20:00 UTC

==== Release changes:

The main feature of this release is the new GeoSPARQL and Fuseki
GeoSPARQL modules.

The new NOTICE file for the combined binary for fuseki+geosparql is:

https://github.com/apache/jena/blob/d4beb7d99d48e98c981d434c980f83784b519ebd/jena-fuseki2/jena-fuseki-geosparql/src/main/resources/META-INF/NOTICE

Other JIRA:
https://s.apache.org/jena-3.12.0-jira

== Updates

JENA-1711 : Upgrade Jackson dependency to 2.9.9 (CVE-2019-12086)

==== Release Vote

Everyone, not just committers, is invited to test and vote.
Please download and test the proposed release.

Staging repository:
   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejena-1031

Proposed dist/ area:
   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jena/

Keys:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/dist/KEYS

Git commit (browser URL):
   https://github.com/apache/jena/commit/d4beb7d9

Git Commit Hash:
   d4beb7d99d48e98c981d434c980f83784b519ebd

Git Commit Tag:
   jena-3.12.0

Please vote to approve this release:

         [ ] +1 Approve the release
         [ ]  0 Don't care
         [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This vote will be open until at least

	Friday, 31th May, 2019 at 20:00 UTC

If you expect to check the release but the time limit does not work
for you, please email within the schedule above with an expected time
and we can extend the vote period.

Thanks,

       Andy

Checking needed:

+ are the GPG signatures fine?
+ are the checksums correct?
+ is there a source archive?

+ can the source archive really be built?
           (NB This requires a "mvn install" first time)
+ is there a correct LICENSE and NOTICE file in each artifact
           (both source and binary artifacts)?
+ does the NOTICE file contain all necessary attributions?
+ have any licenses of dependencies changed due to upgrades?
            if so have LICENSE and NOTICE been upgraded appropriately?
+ does the tag/commit in the SCM contain reproducible sources?

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Jena 3.12.0 RC 1 (GeoSPARQL)

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
The vote passes with +1 from Andy, Adam and Bruno

Thanks all,

     Andy

Re: [] Apache Jena 3.12.0 RC 1 (GeoSPARQL)

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Thanks!

Posted by ajs6f <aj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 01/06/2019 13:34, Bruno P. Kinoshita wrote:

>   [x] +1 Approve the release

Thank you!

> * only minor note is the source contains pom.xml.versionsBackup, which I believe is not necessary, though harmless?

Yes, harmless.

I've removed them all from my release area copy of jena now and they are
not in git. Must be left over from having to reset the version for Jena
3.11.0 RC2.

     Andy

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 3.12.0 RC 1 (GeoSPARQL)

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org>.

 [x] +1 Approve the release

* only minor note is the source contains pom.xml.versionsBackup, which I believe is not necessary, though harmless?

Build from commit hash passing on

Apache Maven 3.5.4 (1edded0938998edf8bf061f1ceb3cfdeccf443fe; 2018-06-18T06:33:14+12:00)
Maven home: /opt/apache-maven-3.5.4
Java version: 1.8.0_212, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre
Default locale: en_NZ, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux", version: "4.15.0-50-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

with `mvn clean install -Pdev`.

+ are the GPG signatures fine?

Looks good to me (checked dist area)

+ are the checksums correct?

Looks good to me (checked dist area)

+ is there a source archive?

Dist area contains source. Checked a few artefacts on Maven staging. All good.

+ can the source archive really be built?
          (NB This requires a "mvn install" first time)

Tested dist source, `mvn clean install -Pdev`.

+ is there a correct LICENSE and NOTICE file in each artifact
          (both source and binary artifacts)?

Checked a few in the source from commit hash, and from dist area.

+ does the NOTICE file contain all necessary attributions?

I think so (was lurking in some recent discussion, found nothing that I could tell was missing)

+ have any licenses of dependencies changed due to upgrades?
            if so have LICENSE and NOTICE been upgraded appropriately?

Not sure, sorry. Missed recent conversation about licenses regarding changes in this release.

+ does the tag/commit in the SCM contain reproducible sources?

Yup!

Cheers

Bruno

Posted by ajs6f <aj...@apache.org>.
No, I missed something-- I didn't see that the evaluation test question was unresolved, my mistake.

ajs6f

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.
OK sounds good, my next stats package will be released as a property
functions package I believe and not as part of ARQ. I will make changes to
the logging configuration tomorrow.

--

---
Marco Neumann

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 3.12.0 RC 1 (GeoSPARQL)

Posted by ajs6f <aj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.

--

---
Marco Neumann

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 3.12.0 RC 1 (GeoSPARQL)

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
+1