Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sean O'Reilly <se...@secpay.com> on 2006/02/28 12:45:22 UTC

Startup Errors

Hi, when starting tomcat-5.5.15 i am getting the following error

./catalina.sh: line 220: exec: : not found

so i looked at line 220 in catalina.sh the content of which is the first line of the following statement.

    exec "$_RUNJAVA" $JAVA_OPTS $CATALINA_OPTS \
      -Djava.endorsed.dirs="$JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS" -classpath
"$CLASSPATH" \ -Dcatalina.base="$CATALINA_BASE" \
      -Dcatalina.home="$CATALINA_HOME" \
      -Djava.io.tmpdir="$CATALINA_TMPDIR" \
      org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap "$@" start
  fi

I would be very grateful if someone could shed some light on this for me.

--
Sean O'Reilly
Systems Administrator

http://www.secpay.com

s.oreilly@secpay.com

Mobile 07917 463906

DDI 01732 300212

This email contains information which is confidential. It is for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, please
note that any distribution, dissemination, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please telephone me immediately.

Re: Startup Errors

Posted by Sean O'Reilly <se...@secpay.com>.
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:58:21 +0100
Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de> wrote:

> Sean O'Reilly wrote:
> > Hi, when starting tomcat-5.5.15 i am getting the following error
> >
> > ./catalina.sh: line 220: exec: : not found
> >
> > so i looked at line 220 in catalina.sh the content of which is the
> > first line of the following statement.
> >
> >     exec "$_RUNJAVA" $JAVA_OPTS $CATALINA_OPTS \
> >       -Djava.endorsed.dirs="$JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS" -classpath
> > "$CLASSPATH" \ -Dcatalina.base="$CATALINA_BASE" \
> >       -Dcatalina.home="$CATALINA_HOME" \
> >       -Djava.io.tmpdir="$CATALINA_TMPDIR" \
> >       org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap "$@" start
> >   fi
>
> What kind of shell is /bin/sh on your machine? Maybe it doesn't have
> an exec command built-in.
>
> Does
> ./catalina.sh start
> work?
>
> Regards
>   mks

Thanks guys all seems sorted now !

Appears to have been a problem in my classpath.sh stopping the jvm
starting properly.

Cheers

Re: Startup Errors

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.