Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pstein <px...@yahoo.ca> on 2009/10/07 12:12:24 UTC

Is it possible (how ?) to send a RSS msg for (resp log) every incoming JMS message?

The problem on my ActiveMQ installation is that incoming JMS messages are
retrieved immediately within milliseconds. I would like to see how many, at
which time and whcih content JMS messages are
pass through a particular JMS Queue on my MessageBroker.

It seems to me that there is a built-in feature in ActiveMQ which let me
send a RSS news msg
for every incoming JMS message on a particular Queue regardless how long
this JMS message stays in the queue.
Is this possible ?

If yes: How exactly do I setup such a RSS feed for let say Queue
"myqueue123" ?

Alternatively logging for queue "myqueue123" would be suitable as well.

However not only the number and time should be logged but the (XML) content
as well.

How do I setup such a filtered verbose logging?

Peter

Re: Is it possible (how ?) to send a RSS msg for (resp log) every incoming JMS message?

Posted by Joe Fernandez <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Not sure about ActiveMQ and RSS, but for your logging alternative perhaps
using Camel to set up a wire tap may do the trick for you.

http://camel.apache.org/wire-tap.html

There is also this ActiveMQ monitoring product.

http://www.ttmsolutions.com/Transactional_Software_Solutions/Active_Monitor_AMon.php

Joe
http://www.ttmsolutions.com