Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Hensley, Richard" <Ri...@McKesson.com> on 2004/08/09 18:12:50 UTC

[ANN] Groovestry - A Groovy Tapestry Integration

Michael and I are pleased to announce the release of Groovestry. We have
been working on integrating our two implementations of integrating Groovy
and Tapestry. The final outcome of that effort is a project christened
Groovestry by Howard
(http://howardlewisship.com/blog/2004_07_01_archive.html#109044583519259437)
.

The documentation, downloads, and sample application are available at the
Groovestry home page http://groovestry.sourceforge.net and project page at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/groovestry

Michael's announcement is at
http://www.behindthesite.com/blog/C1931765677/E811655207/index.html

Richard Hensley

Re: [groovy-user] [ANN] Groovestry - A Groovy Tapestry Integration

Posted by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com>.
Hi,
    Thanks for the + vote. I'm sorry I did not reply to my earlier
posting, I've been able to post but
not receiving any list postings.

My intent with this is two-fold:

1. To make Tapestry development more "agile". Now that code, and
templates are application resources
I can now move them out of the application wrapper and start building
extensible Java J2EE applications
where new layout and functions (within limits) can be added w/o a
redeploy of the application.

2. To encourage "light" Tapestry component development where component
logic is limited and relies upon
core services obtained from Spring/Hivemind, etc. to perform the heavy
lifting.

I've done quite a bit of content-management type development in the
past few years and the static "push out a build"
after unit tests etc. does not go down too well with a predominantly
tech-ignorant editorial staff who want to change layout
navigation/function at the drop of a hat. I pretty much look to
Zope/Plone as the model, if not the ideal.

I believe that light, scripted methods with on-the-fly reloading of
scripts can be picked up by some web design folks (many of them can
script PHP pages)  and a good part of the interactivity could be
developed w/o the total Java propellor-head being involved. Leaving us
free to concentrate on core business logic.

Have fun with Groovestry,

Mike

Re: [groovy-user] [ANN] Groovestry - A Groovy Tapestry Integration

Posted by ja...@mac.com.
On 9 Aug 2004, at 17:12, Hensley, Richard wrote:
> Michael and I are pleased to announce the release of Groovestry. We
> have
> been working on integrating our two implementations of integrating
> Groovy
> and Tapestry. The final outcome of that effort is a project christened
> Groovestry by Howard
> (http://howardlewisship.com/blog/
> 2004_07_01_archive.html#109044583519259437)
> .
>
> The documentation, downloads, and sample application are available at
> the
> Groovestry home page http://groovestry.sourceforge.net and project
> page at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/groovestry
>
> Michael's announcement is at
> http://www.behindthesite.com/blog/C1931765677/E811655207/index.html

Awesome stuff!

I've admired Tapestry for some time; after seeing Erik Hatcher's
presentation on it at OSCon I'm keen to use it on my next web-app
project - but now there's Groovestry, I'm totally sold :). Great work
guys.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/