Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/19 18:01:48 UTC

using version=0 in Import-Package

what does version=0 mean/do?

<Import-Package>com.mysql.jdbc;resolution:=optional;version=0</Import-Package>

Also, I have optional JARs b/c we're not sure which RDBMS vendor the client
will be using.  But I want maven-bundle-plugin to resolve all the other
dependencies in Import-Package for me.  How do I write this?  thx.

Re: using version=0 in Import-Package

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Per the OSGi spec, the version=0 here means version=[0, infinite), actually it's default version range so you needn't explicitly have it.

About the JDBC driver classname issue, I believe you run into a problem explained here[1], please take a look

[1]http://freemanfang.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-use-jdbc-driver-in-osgi.html
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat