Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by "Domsch, Christian" <Ch...@entire.de> on 2004/09/23 12:41:51 UTC

Symbols dont get tranlated everytime

While writing a littel workaround vor my previous problem with the string
translation, I encountered another strange behaviour. When I have symbols in
my configuration (like ${user.home}), they get translated atomatically by
hivemind. But not every time. When a RushAttributeRule invokes the
smarttranslater, and this translator uses a PropertyEditor (in my case an
ObjectEditor, that simple return the input string as an object), the symbol
does not get translates by the symbolsources.

I consider this a bug...

Greetings,

Christian Domsch

Anwendungsentwickler

Entire Software AG
Lise-Meitner-Straße 14
D-89081 Ulm

Tel: +49 7 31 9 74 95-4 83
Fax: +49 7 31 9 74 95-20

Mailto:Christian.Domsch@entire.de
http://www.entire.de

Re: Symbols dont get tranlated everytime

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Probably right ... SmartTranslator should expand symbols first. I
think I know what's causing this.  Add a bug.

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:41:51 +0200, Domsch, Christian
<ch...@entire.de> wrote:
> While writing a littel workaround vor my previous problem with the string
> translation, I encountered another strange behaviour. When I have symbols in
> my configuration (like ${user.home}), they get translated atomatically by
> hivemind. But not every time. When a RushAttributeRule invokes the
> smarttranslater, and this translator uses a PropertyEditor (in my case an
> ObjectEditor, that simple return the input string as an object), the symbol
> does not get translates by the symbolsources.
>
> I consider this a bug...
>
> Greetings,
>
> Christian Domsch
>
> Anwendungsentwickler