Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Christopher Snow <sn...@coralms.com> on 2007/03/20 18:06:42 UTC

feedback requested - documenting ofbiz internals

I'm trying to get a deep understanding of ofbiz internals.  I am
starting with documenting at a high level the startup sequence (see
http://docs.ofbiz.org/download/attachments/1218/Startup.png).  I still
have a lot of work todo such as class diagrams etc, but the process of
documenting is proving to be very useful to my understanding.

Is this diagram (and others like it) useful to others?
Is there any work done on this already?
My UML is not great am I on track with what I've done so far?

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

P.s. is it acceptable to cross post messages like this if they apply to
both lists?

Re: feedback requested - documenting ofbiz internals

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net>.
Hi Chris!

Documentation always makes sense, and I personally wish I had more time
for stuff like this. Just make sure you make your results available in
the right place. I understand, this is going to be the Wiki.

There has been a discussion about documentation some time ago. The
subject line was "Properly edited OFBiz manuals". It might be worth
reading through that thread as I think this will be the feedback you're
asking for.

Regards,
Torsten