Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Burnley <JB...@ifmc.org> on 2002/03/27 21:09:54 UTC

Segmentation fault 11 error - rookie needs help

My apologies in advance if this is an easy/known issue, but I'm new to the Apache world and really need some help.  We have installed Apache 1.3.22 and are trying to communicate with Tomcat 4.0.3 (to serve up Java pages, etc.).  We are trying to use the warp connector to forward the requests over.  I've noticed that when ever we try to get to the examples application (provided with Tomcat) we get the following error in the error_log file under the <Apache Home>/logs directory:

[Wed Mar 27 13:49:21 2002] [notice] child pid 514 exit signal Segmentation fault  (11)

Has anyone seen this before and can you offer any suggestions on how to correct it?  We are running a Linux 2.2.15 system.

Thanks in advance.

John

Re: Segmentation fault 11 error - rookie needs help

Posted by Steven Pierce <pa...@speakeasy.net>.

John,

I would not think that is an apache error.  I have a laptop that I had installed RH 7.2 on.
Everytime I tried to do anything I would get a Fault 11.  From what I have been able to
determine from the on line information I obtained it is because there is not enough
power on the machine.  The laptop that I was tring to install it on was a IBM TP 266.

Steven

Posted by Joshuah Goldstein <mr...@yahoo.com>.
One of Apache's child process's is exiting because it is
trying to write/read an invalid/protected area of memory?
The child process is what is sending messages to Tomcat?