Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/28 09:45:50 UTC

ApacheDS 2.0.0.AM26 release

Hi !

I'm cutting the long requested release of ApacheDS M26. It takes a bit
of time, I'm currently generating the site (will be done in an hour more
or less). I wish to start a vote later tonite.

It's not a major release, but it contains the transaction support (which
is used internally for each atomic operation, and that may solve our
database corruption issue). The transaction support can also be
leveraged from the outside, through an extended operation, and that
could be very useful to quickly inject thousands of entries in the
server, by doing so within a single transaction - thinking about Studio
load operation here -.

There are *many* JIRAs that need to be addressed, some of them critical
(I'm thinking about packaging), but I think the best course of action
now is to cut releases that are related to a set of issues (like, fixing
as much PasswordPolicy issues as possible, then cut a release).

I have very little time to dedicate to the project atm, having changed
my day job, but I wil try to squeeze a bit more in the coming months.
The difficulty is that for many of the existing issues, you have to
focus on the code for many hours to get through them. You don't have a
lot of low hanging fruits. Any help here would be *very* appreciated !

Regarding the installers, we really need to get past the tool we use,
which is limited. There is YAJSW, which is a java implementation of the
Tanuki wrapper, it's OSS, it's not limiting on 32bist for the windows
platform. I think it's time to switch to it. The MacOSX signature
requirement has to be addressed. I have an official Applle signature for
that. Last, not least, it's probably time to offer an Ansible packaging
solution, beside a docker dockerfile.

That's it for today, will come back to you with a vote.

Many thanks !

Re: ApacheDS 2.0.0.AM26 release

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
FTR, I just added the bin and archive packages that were missing on
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/directory/apacheds/2.0.0.AM26/