Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andrew van der Voort <an...@astarte.co.nz> on 2002/03/19 01:42:00 UTC

Moving to an anchor in my JSP page.

One of the pages in my application is a list of students. This list can get
quite large. When a user has finished modifying information about a
particular student (on another page) I would like the list redisplayed
scrolled to the student that was edited.

I have set up the jsp page such that there are <a name="nnn">Bloggs,
Joe</a> entries for each student where nnn is the student id. In my action
class at the point I am ready to return an ActionForward back to the list
page I know the student id I want to go back to in the list.

How do I code the actionforward so that the specified anchor is reached?

This is the same as specifying whatever.html#nnn on the URL or <a
href="whatever.html#nnn> in a page.

I have tried appending #nnn to the path of the ActionForward but this
doesn't work. How do I do this?

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: Moving to an anchor in my JSP page.

Posted by Jay sissom <js...@toybox.uits.indiana.edu>.
This question was answered on the list last week.  I know because I asked
it!  George Papandreou answered, and I want to thank him because his
answer worked.  My answer is just a little different from his.

In the Action method, I save a string in the request area that has the tag
I want the browser to position to:

request.setAttribute("anchor","#gohere");

In the JSP page, I do this:

<%

    String location = (String)request.getAttribute("anchor");

 %>

I'm not on the computer with my project, so I don't guarantee it compiles
or works, but it should get you close.

Jay