Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2011/12/10 01:51:44 UTC

RE: Traffic server 3.0.1 crashes for low traffic generated using Apache Bench

Siddharth Wagh wrote:
> Yes. The machine reboots after the kernel panic on the traffic server
> side, and the client reports a timeout.
> Is there any specific reason that CentOS or the more recent versions of
> RHEL do not feature in the list of supported/tested operating
> systems?

I have no idea. Bryan Call: Have you tested ATS on CentOS6? Obviously we
can't really blame a kernel crash on ATS (at least not IMO), but it'd be
good to get some ideas wtf is going on.

I assume you have tried updating the kernel to the latest CentOS6 kernel?
Or at least when 6.1 comes out (soon I think?) try that kernel?

Thanks!

-- leif

Re: Traffic server 3.0.1 crashes for low traffic generated using Apache Bench

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> > Yes. The machine reboots after the kernel panic on the traffic
> > server
> > side, and the client reports a timeout.
> > Is there any specific reason that CentOS or the more recent
> > versions of
> > RHEL do not feature in the list of supported/tested operating
> > systems?
>
> I have no idea. Bryan Call: Have you tested ATS on CentOS6? Obviously
> we
> can't really blame a kernel crash on ATS (at least not IMO), but it'd
> be
> good to get some ideas wtf is going on.
>
> I assume you have tried updating the kernel to the latest CentOS6
> kernel?
> Or at least when 6.1 comes out (soon I think?) try that kernel?

May I divert your attention at Scientific Linux latest release,
which came out four months ago:

https://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions/6x/61/

--
Igor Galić