Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> on 2007/12/11 14:49:09 UTC

state of maven support for Google Web Toolkit ?

Thanks to google, I've found http://codehaus.org/~shinobu/gwt-maven-plugin/and
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-maven/

What is the status of supporting GWT compiler in maven builds ?

Nico.

Re: state of maven support for Google Web Toolkit ?

Posted by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com>.
I find myself in the same boat while developing a GWT based webapp.
Having used the Maven plugin(s) out there, I believe, they can be
improved (not had good user experiences yet!).

I think we should consolidate all efforts towards a GWT plugin. If you
have and want to share some useful pieces of code, and add/improvise
with new features, I'd say add it to the GWT Maven plugin under Mojo
sandbox, so others can use and improve on it.

Thanks,
Rahul

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bob Allison <SW...@columbus.rr.com>.
I have built a version that I use which supports both running the
development shell from Maven and compiling as part of the normal build
process.  I think there are a least two other plugins in Codehaus.

I haven't used the plugins at Codehaus because last time I looked they did
not support the development shell.  I had not seen the plugin produced by
Google before, so I have not used it.  One thing the Google plugin does that
I don't is to build the template project (doesn't seem very useful to put a

Posted by Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com>.
interesting question  it will be great to have by maven GWT library  - we
are using GWT and to have in Maven Repository is a big advantage.
Thanks,
Search News
www.ejinz.com
EjinZ