Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by hubby2debbie <pe...@mathusee.com> on 2007/04/09 17:41:38 UTC

Enabling Plugins

I'm running spamassassin on a linux vps, which had it already installed, but
none of the plugins were installed. I've loaded the available plugins into
the etc/spamassassin/Plugin/ directory, and enabled the TextCat plugin in
the user_prefs file. I've also added a directive stating what languages I
want to receive email in. I've also checked the scores.cf file, to be sure
that a score is assigned when an email is in a non-accepted language.

After all this, I restarted spamd, and sent a test email.

After doing a test email in Spanish (not one of my accepted languages), I
checked the headers, and found that there was no score assigned to the email
for not being in an accepted language. I'm also receiving emails with
Chinese characters.

Is there a step that I'm missing here?

Peter

Re: Enabling Plugins

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 09:19:54AM -0700, hubby2debbie wrote:
> I've gone to etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre, as well as the v310.pre and
> v312.pre files in the same directory, and all three of them have the
> directive "loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TextCat" (uncommented).

If the plugins are in the normal place, that would be fine.

> Should that be just "loadplugin Plugin::TextCat", since that is where the
> plugin is in relation to the .pre files? Or am I missing something else?

Please "perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf" and see the loadplugin section.  It
will help clarify things. :)

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Yea, it's gone."               - Prof. Farr

Re: Enabling Plugins

Posted by hubby2debbie <pe...@mathusee.com>.

Re: Enabling Plugins

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 08:41:38AM -0700, hubby2debbie wrote:
> I'm running spamassassin on a linux vps, which had it already installed, but
> none of the plugins were installed. I've loaded the available plugins into
> the etc/spamassassin/Plugin/ directory, and enabled the TextCat plugin in
> the user_prefs file. I've also added a directive stating what languages I

You can't really enable plugins in user_prefs (or .cf for that matter (*)), they
need to be enabled in .pre files.  Check your site config directory (ie:
/etc/mail/spamassassin or the like).

*- it can be done under certain circumstances and reworking the standard
config files a little bit, but unless you know what these are without my
telling you, you should use a pre file. :)

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Zero equals Zero"               - Prof. Farr