Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com> on 2005/10/20 19:27:18 UTC

spec file for cpan2rpm and suse 9.3

Anybody got one that works with gnome/evolution?

evolution requires "spamassassin", which requires "perl-spamassassin".
cpan2rpm makes "perl-Mail-SpamAssassin", which doesn't satisfy either of
the packaging dependencies. Attempts on my part to tweak the spec file
generated with cpan2rpm have failed miserably.

Re: spec file for cpan2rpm and suse 9.3

Posted by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com>.
On 10/20/2005 1:27 PM, Eric A. Hall wrote:
> Anybody got one that works with gnome/evolution?
>
> evolution requires "spamassassin", which requires "perl-spamassassin".
> cpan2rpm makes "perl-Mail-SpamAssassin", which doesn't satisfy either of
> the packaging dependencies. Attempts on my part to tweak the spec file
> generated with cpan2rpm have failed miserably.

fixed it by adding the following two lines to the header block:

  Provides: perl-spamassassin
  Provides: spamassassin

I was trying too hard before, thinking I needed version numbers etc.