Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Korhonen, Kalle" <kk...@cisco.com> on 2005/06/03 01:50:27 UTC

RE: HTML-Frames, "one-way" commandLinks and forced frame reloads

You could run your pages through a filter that would make them valid
xhtml. JTidy for example works fine.

Kalle

ForcedID is not working

Posted by Hendrik Neumann <he...@web.de>.
Hi everybody,

I need specific, predictable IDs for the links in my tree2-component.
Therefore I played a little bit with forcedID and forcedIDIndex; for example
I tried something like this:

<x:tree2 value="#{currentUser.myTree}" id="myTree" var="node"
varNodeToggler="t">
	<f:facet name="category">
		<x:commandLink actionListener="#{t.setNodeSelected}"
			action="#{currentUser.userSelectsCategory}"
			immediate="true" [...]>
				<x:outputText value="#{node.description}"
					forceIdIndex="category-#{node.identifier}"
					forceId="category-#{node.identifier}"/>
[...]

I need this predictable IDs because I want to adress the tree-links in the
HTML-page with a javascript-methods (something like:
"document.anchors[category-4711].xyz..").

But I always get these extremly ugly jsf-specific IDs with "_" and ":" and so
on. Therefore I can not use something like
"document.anchors[category-4711].xyz.." because the IDs are still dynamicly
generated...

What am I doing wrong???

Greetings,
hendrik