Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Grégoire Seux <g....@criteo.com> on 2012/07/30 18:27:16 UTC

mirroring setup

Hello,

I am evaluating kafka to transfer log events between two datacenters. There is a ~200ms latency between the two clusters.
Is there some people dealing with such latencies, how do you tweak kafka & system to increase bandwith use ?
I can think of sysctl,  increase the number of consumers used by the mirror maker and increase the socket buffer size for server.properties.

Is there recommended values for those parameters ?

Thanks !

--
Greg