Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Atishay Kumar <at...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/05 07:21:18 UTC

index.jsp not found

hi,
 I am using tomcat 4.1.27 on linux. I deleted my index.jsp page but
even then index.jsp was showing even after i refreshed the page. after
refreshing 2-3 times it said that index.jsp not found (which it should
have done first time itself).
After that i put a new index.jsp . but still it is showing that
index.jsp not found. even after refreshing numerous times.
what could be the possible problem? and what is the solution so that
it does not re-occur.

thanks
--
:)
Atishay Kumar

Re: index.jsp not found

Posted by Atishay Kumar <at...@gmail.com>.
thanks to all 4 ur input. i will try the suggestions and get back to
you, if needed.
rgds
atishay

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:17:40 +0800, Jerome Jar <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or you may edit the file $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml,
> and remove the servlet mapping of org.apache.jsp.index_jsp. In my
> opinion this SHOULD work.
> The org.apache.jsp.index_jsp class is in
> ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/catalina-root.jar, deleting index.jsp does not make
> any effect on this .jar.
>
> Oops, I forgot that my Tomcat is version 5.5.4... :S
>
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 08:30:17 +0200, Quinton Delpeche
> <qu...@vippayroll.co.za> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 05 January 2005 08:21, Atishay Kumar wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >  I am using tomcat 4.1.27 on linux. I deleted my index.jsp page but
> > > even then index.jsp was showing even after i refreshed the page. after
> > > refreshing 2-3 times it said that index.jsp not found (which it should
> > > have done first time itself).
> > > After that i put a new index.jsp . but still it is showing that
> > > index.jsp not found. even after refreshing numerous times.
> > > what could be the possible problem? and what is the solution so that
> > > it does not re-occur.
> >
> > On linux touch the file with the touch command...
> >
> > ...or alternatively...
> >
> > ...restart Tomcat.
> >
> > > thanks
> > --
> > Quinton Delpeche
> > Internal Systems Developer
> > Softline VIP
> >
> > Telephone: +27 12 420 7000
> > Direct:    +27 12 420 7007
> > Facsimile: +27 12 420 7344
> >
> > http://www.vippayroll.co.za/
> >
> > I know it all.  I just can't remember it all at once.

:)
Atishay Kumar

Re: index.jsp not found

Posted by Jerome Jar <je...@gmail.com>.