Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Frank Marcus <fm...@datacomm.bcit.ca> on 2001/06/27 00:08:33 UTC

Looking for Flux docs

Thanks to Scott and Jason for helping with the layout stuff.  The ball's
rolling now :)

I'm looking for some information on Flux.  I gather from what I've been
reading on the list that parts of Flux aren't fully implemented.  Aside
from the source code (which I'm currently reading through) is there
another source of documentation on how to use/extend Flux?  Also, am I
correct in assuming that the FluxTool class is the main implementation
class for Flux?  Thanks!

- Frank

Re: Looking for Flux docs

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 6/26/01 6:08 PM, "Frank Marcus" <fm...@datacomm.bcit.ca> wrote:

> Thanks to Scott and Jason for helping with the layout stuff.  The ball's
> rolling now :)
>
> I'm looking for some information on Flux.  I gather from what I've been
> reading on the list that parts of Flux aren't fully implemented.  Aside
> from the source code (which I'm currently reading through) is there
> another source of documentation on how to use/extend Flux?  Also, am I
> correct in assuming that the FluxTool class is the main implementation
> class for Flux?  Thanks!

Flux was originally written to try and stem the tide of questions
relating to security. It is fully functional, but beyond that it
doesn't provide many amenities. The searching and filtering are
still lacking and it's not terribly pleasing to the eye.

That being the case, there isn't much documentation. Flux
will probably change a little due to the fact that Martin
just checked in torque generated security classes.

Flux will eventually be documented in a book, but that's a way
off. For now I'd be glad to try and answer and questions and
any patches to Flux people want to make :-) John already has
helped flux a great deal by making a flux pull tool. So, yes
the FluxTool class is where all the logic is.

> - Frank

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org