Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/20 23:20:46 UTC

[parent][io] v29 and jacoco

Hi All:

I updated my local POM for [io] to commons-parent 29 and ran "mvn site".
The Jacoco report shows FileUtils at 0% which makes no sense since we have
a FileUtilsTestCase class.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Thank you,
Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [parent][io] v29 and jacoco

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Luc Maisonobe <lu...@spaceroots.org> wrote:
>

>> Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> >Hi All:
>> >
>> >I updated my local POM for [io] to commons-parent 29 and ran "mvn
>> >site".
>> >The Jacoco report shows FileUtils at 0% which makes no sense since we
>> >have
>> >a FileUtilsTestCase class.
>> >
>> >Can anyone reproduce this?
>>
>> I'm not in front of my computer right now. Do the tests end up with
>> expected exceptions using the junit4 annotation
>>
>> @Test(expected=SomeException.class)
>>
>> I think such expected failures are not handled properly yet by Jacoco.
>>

> Sigh, I think it is a different issue because as far as I can tell all of
> the test that call FileUtils do not use the expected attribute. In fact 90%
> of the test classes are JUnit 3 tests and just one test class is a JUnit 4
> test case.
>
> This makes Cobertura shine in comparison, and the HTML reports where much
> nicer too.

Ah, you must be referring to this FAQ entry
http://www.eclemma.org/faq.html#trouble02 which is trouble indeed; it's a
'feature' it seems. Back to Cobertura for me unless someone else has a
better idea for a tool that actually, well, you know 'covers'...

Gary

Re: [parent][io] v29 and jacoco

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [parent][io] v29 and jacoco