Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/16 18:38:45 UTC

Trampoline

Short Story: Please take a look if you haven't already -
http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~sanseri/kaffe/k2.html

Long story: Was trying to compile Kaffe on WinXP using cygwin and ran
into some compile errors, that got me googling and led me to this nice
article on Trampolines in Kaffe. Here's the abstract:

Trampolines are springboards for just-in-time (JIT) compilation. Every
time a method is invoked, the caller looks in a dispatch table for the
address of the method's native code. If the method has not been
translated yet, the dispatch table entry points to the method's
trampoline function. When invoked, the trampoline function invokes the
translator for the method and fixes up the dispatch table to point to
the newly-loaded native code.

thanks,
dims

GCJ ABI (Re: Trampoline)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Here's more information on GCJ ABI:
ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/summit/2004/GCJ%20New%20ABI.pdf

-- dims