Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Holger Rauch <ho...@heitec.de> on 2005/04/06 11:33:22 UTC

Overview on usage of if/unless attributes

Hi!

I'm aware that if/unless attributes can be used to select targets depending
on whether the value of some property is set or not. Where else
(types/tasks) can if/unless be used in addition to targets?

Is there an overview on this issue in some place?

(I tried using "if" on <property> in order to set the value of a property
dependet on whether another property is set. Reason was to avoid the
rather lengthy fragments introduced by using ant-contrib's <if> task.
Didn't work, however, so I guess I'm stuck with the <if> task, right?)

That's what I tried:

<property name="prop1" value="${basedir}/.." />
<property name="prop1" value="${basedir}/../.." if="certain.prop" />

Thanks in advance for any info/pointers!

Greetings,

	Holger

Re: Overview on usage of if/unless attributes

Posted by Holger Rauch <ho...@heitec.de>.
Rainer, thanks for reminding me on <condition>. I forgot about it.

RE: Overview on usage of if/unless attributes

Posted by Rainer Noack <ra...@noacks.net>.
Hi Holger,

1st: Ant properties can not be overwritten.
2nd: To set "conditional" property-values take a look at the <condition/>
task.
3rd: if/unless are attributes of a target.

Try something like this:

<target name="set-props">
<condition property="prop1" value="${basedir}/../..">
  <isset property="certain.prop"/>
</condition>
<property name="prop1" value="${basedir}/.."/>
</target>

Cheers,

Rainer