Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "dolgun@excite.com" <do...@excite.com> on 2008/06/05 22:16:57 UTC

FileUpload - the download's md5 does not match apache's md5

Hi,

The FileUpload download page here:

http://commons.apache.org/downloads/download_fileupload.cgi

says:

...you must verify the integrity of the downloaded files using signatures downloaded from our main distribution directories.

I downloaded the file:

Binary
---1.2.1.tar.gz

from 4 different mirrors and the md5 of the downloads does not match apache's md5.   I retrieved apache's md5 by clicking on the md5 link beneath the 1.2.1.tar.gz link:

Binary
----1.2.1.tar.gz
-----------md5

Is anyone aware of this problem?

Re: FileUpload - the download's md5 does not match apache's md5

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.
On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 16:28 -0400, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On 6/5/08, dolgun@excite.com <do...@excite.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Hi,
> >
> >  The FileUpload download page here:
> >
> >  http://commons.apache.org/downloads/download_fileupload.cgi
> >
> >  says:
> >
> >  ...you must verify the integrity of the downloaded files using signatures downloaded from our main distribution directories.
> >
> >  I downloaded the file:
> >
> >  Binary
> >  ---1.2.1.tar.gz
> >
> >  from 4 different mirrors and the md5 of the downloads does not match apache's md5.   I retrieved apache's md5 by clicking on the md5 link beneath the 1.2.1.tar.gz link:
> >
> >  Binary
> >  ----1.2.1.tar.gz
> >  -----------md5
> >

> >  Is anyone aware of this problem?
> >
> <snip/>
>
> Looks OK to me ( I got http://mirrors.sirium.net/pub/apache ).

Works fine for me too. I got http://mirror.deri.at/apache

Regards,
Simon

Re: FileUpload - the download's md5 does not match apache's md5

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 6/5/08, dolgun@excite.com <do...@excite.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  The FileUpload download page here:
>
>  http://commons.apache.org/downloads/download_fileupload.cgi
>
>  says:
>
>  ...you must verify the integrity of the downloaded files using signatures downloaded from our main distribution directories.
>
>  I downloaded the file:
>
>  Binary
>  ---1.2.1.tar.gz
>
>  from 4 different mirrors and the md5 of the downloads does not match apache's md5.   I retrieved apache's md5 by clicking on the md5 link beneath the 1.2.1.tar.gz link:
>
>  Binary
>  ----1.2.1.tar.gz
>  -----------md5
>

>  Is anyone aware of this problem?

<snip/>

Looks OK to me ( I got http://mirrors.sirium.net/pub/apache ).

-Rahul

Re: FileUpload - the download's md5 does not match apache's md5

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
dolgun@excite.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The FileUpload download page here:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/downloads/download_fileupload.cgi
>
> says:
>
> ...you must verify the integrity of the downloaded files using signatures downloaded from our main distribution directories.
>
> I downloaded the file:
>
> Binary
> ---1.2.1.tar.gz
>
> from 4 different mirrors and the md5 of the downloads does not match apache's md5.   I retrieved apache's md5 by clicking on the md5 link beneath the 1.2.1.tar.gz link:
>
> Binary
> ----1.2.1.tar.gz
>

> Is anyone aware of this problem?

It's fine for me.

I get
d8cccd7b9938c17169751ed978265673
from Apache's main server and the archive. This is the MD5 listed on the
download page.

What MD5 do you get and which mirrors did you use?

Mark