Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by salvagi <gs...@libero.it> on 2007/11/26 14:27:12 UTC

AXIS client error - Expected a text token, got START_ELEMENT.

I deployed a simple service on a ServiceMix ESB. I wrote some clients in
order to test it but I'm seeing different strange behaviour:

1) An Html client works fine

2) An AXIS client throws the following exception:
AxisFault
[...]
 faultString: Could not read XML stream..
[...]
  Nested exception is com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: Expected a text
token, got START_ELEMENT.
[...]

The very simple code of the Axis clients is:
[...]
Service  service = new Service();
Call call    = (Call) service.createCall();
call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
call.setOperationName( new QName("http://ws.person", "getEchoin0") );
call.addParameter("s", org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING,
javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
call.setReturnType(org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING);
String s = "pippo";
Object result = call.invoke( new Object[] { s } );
[...]

3) An Xfire client does nothing and print the following message:
- Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled
I used some of the dynamic client examples provided by xfire and I post
another item here:
http://www.nabble.com/HTTP302%2C-followRedirects-from-Acegi-secured-webservice-tf4684809.html)

Have anyone faced the same kind of troubles  ?